Smart Environment Pro Plug&Sense Unit
Smart Environment Pro model is designed to monitor environmental parameters such as temperature, humidity, atmospheric
pressure and some types of gases. The main applications for this Waspmote Plug & Sense! configuration are city pollution
measurement, emissions from farms and hatcheries, control of chemical and industrial processes, forest fires, etc.
- Robust waterproof IP65 enclosure
- Add or change a sensor probe in seconds
- Solar powered with internal and external panel options
- Radios available: 802.15.4, 868 MHz, 900 MHz, WiFi, 4G, Sigfox and LoRaWAN
- Over the air programming (OTAP) of multiple nodes at once (via WiFi or 4G radios)
- Special holders and brackets ready for installation in street lights and building fronts
- Graphical and intuitive programming interface Code Generator (coming in 2017)
- Built-in, 3-axes accelerometer
- External, contactless reset with magnet
- External SIM connector for the 4G models
- Cover Screws:Stainless Steel
- Ingress Protection:IP65
- Impact Resistance:IK08
- Rated Insulation Voltage AC: 690V
- Rated Insulation Voltage DC: 1000V
- Heavy Metals-Free: Yes
- Weatherproof:True - nach UL 746 C
- Ambient Temperature (min.): -10 °C
- Ambient Temperature (max.): 50 °C
- Approximated Weight: 800 g
Sensor probes can be easily attached by just screwing them into the bottom sockets. This allows you to add new sensing capabilities to existing networks just in minutes.
In the same way, sensor probes may be easily replaced in order to ensure the lowest maintenance cost of the sensor network.
The battery can be recharged using the waterproof USB cable but also the internal or external solar panel options.
The external solar panel is mounted on a 45º holder which ensures the maximum performance of each outdoor installation.
For the internal option, the solar panel is embedded on the front of the enclosure, perfect for use where space is a major challenge.
Connectivity(Radios) And Data
Waspmote Plug & Sense! has an internal SD (Secure Digital) card. FAT16 file system is used and cards up to 2GB are supported.
To get an idea of the capacity of information that can be stored in a 2 GB card, simply divide its size by the average for what a
sensor frame in Waspmote usually occupies (approx. 100 bytes):
2 GB/100 B = 20 million measurements
The limit in files and directories creation per level is 256 files per directory and up to 256 sub-directories in each directory.
There is no limit in the number of nested levels.
This option however is a more cost effective approach but will need a more hands on approach given that the operator will have to manually retrieve
the data from the sensors. This data will then in turn need to be processed and made available by us onto the clients portal.
Each Waspmote Plug & Sense! unit can be fitted with a radio that enables automatic data retrieval and upload.
Various options in radios and topology layouts is possible.
Factors like range, amount of units, geography of placed unit etc will determine the technologies used.
Please refer to the "Connectivity" section of the product page for further detail.
As this is a complex subject and will be unique for each client, it will be best to contact us so that we can
gather as much information as needed to make an informed proposal as to what will be the best and most cost effective
solution to get the job done.